If you have a tree stump that has been causing problems, we can help get rid of it. We have skilled and experienced professionals that could remove it in just a matter of hours. Whether you prefer a stump removal or stump grinding, our staff here at Central Tree Service Lancaster can do it quickly and safely. We take our responsibility seriously, and keeping everyone safe is our top priority. Give us a call and we’ll have our arborists and technicians look into the matter and provide a solution.
What’s the Difference Between Stump Removal and Stump Grinding
Although both methods serve the same purpose, they do have a different approach. Stump removal is more on using basic equipment, while grinding makes use of a machinery.
- Stump Removal: A method where we use cutting tools and shovel to remove the stump. We dig around it, cut off the roots and haul it out of your yard. The hole would then be covered up with soil.
- Stump Grinding: Using a grinder machine, we will grind the stump into wood chips, leaving only a small portion below ground level. The height usually goes around 4 inches to 18 inches, but clients can decide how they want it done. The wood chips can also be used as mulch afterward.
There are other methods to get rid of tree stumps, but these two are more commonly used due to prohibitions and ordinances. Burning it for one is quite effective, but it does cause air pollution. Another option would be using chemicals to speed up decay, but the chances of harming nearby vegetation are high.
Things to Consider Before Hiring Professionals
- What are the rates. On average, tree stump removal costs around $300. Other companies, however, charge their clients with $2 to $4 per inch in diameter, with a minimum price of around $100. It all depends on the size, accessibility, location, difficulty, and equipment used.
- Is it cheaper to rent a grinder machine? It depends on the number of stumps and your skills in operating one. Rentals can go anywhere between $100 and $400, ranging almost the same as hiring professionals. Not only that but you would also have to consider the labor and time you must commit in grinding that many tree stumps.
- Is the company insured? This is to keep you safe from any liabilities and financial losses during the job. Have a written contract and avoid giving upfront payments. Scams and unprofessional services are rampant these days and we wouldn’t want you to experience the same misfortune others have gone through.
- Does the company have the necessary skills, tools, and experience? Make sure the company you’re hiring is a reputable one with good standing in the community. Confirm if they are indeed licensed and certified professionals.
Before you plan on doing it yourself, consider the factors involved such as expenses, time, and labor. Most often than not, it’s not worth the effort and you’d be better off hiring professionals. Give us a call and we’ll give you a free estimate, then you can decide for yourself.
Monday to Sunday | 8:00am – 8:00pm