Tree trimming is performed for a number of reasons. It’s either for the tree’s structural integrity, reducing any risk hazards, or to address the tree’s shape and appearance. Without the proper knowledge and tools of trimming your own tree, there’s a high chance you are doing more damage than good.
With help from our tree professionals, not only will your tree preserve its strength and health, it will also have improved you tree’s natural beauty. When in doubt, feel free to give us a call and we will assist you in any way possible.
- Shrub Maintenance
- Tree Lopping and Tree Topping
- Branch Removal
- Driveway Clearing
- Sidewalk Clearing
- Fruit Tree Pruning
What are the Benefits of Trimming your Tree
There are various reasons why you should trim your tree, and some might just surprise you with the benefits it can provide your tree.
- The most beneficial effect is significantly improving your tree’s health. When you trim a weak, diseased or pest infested branch, it allows the tree to heal itself in a natural way and prevents pests and disease to spread.
- It could save you a lot of cash. Trees that are uncared for can die where it stands and may need a replacement or requires removal, which you might have already guessed requires heavy labor and a wad of cash, compared to a simple trimming and pruning.
- It can significantly improve your property’s Aesthetic value. Having a healthy grown tree with a beautiful stature and appearance provides a natural embellishment to your property.
- It can improve crop quality and quantity when done properly on fruit trees.
- Properly pruned trees at the right time Improves its health, thereby improving air circulation around your property.
Tree Trimming Tips For Beginners
If you would like to trim or prune your trees or plants yourself, here are some helpful tips to get you started.
- Before everything else, first identify the type of plant, flower, or tree you plan on trimming. There are different types out there and some may require trimming during winter, and some flowers and fruits, just after they have bloomed.
- Try to assess the situation. If you see that the tree, shrub or plant you are pruning is anywhere near electrical lines, it is best to seek professional help instead. Working around electrical wires or on very tall trees is extremely dangerous ,and you could get yourself hurt.
- Learn the proper techniques and methods, where to start cutting and how much of the branches should you cut. There is limitless information you can gather, from watching DIY videos to reading guidelines out on the internet.
- Before you start trimming, make sure your hand pruners or trimmers are sharp and clean. Also, do not forget to use your safety glasses.
Monday to Sunday | 8am – 8pm